Sunday, October 6, 2013

Workman's Comp.

I am happy not to have to go to court for the 4th time.  The question was to go to trial, which is like a Grand jury, just you and the judge with lawyers and facts, no witnesses, or to settle.  After an injury12/08, I finally settled.  I don't want the surgery.  I can use the drugs.  I decided to settle.  That in itself provides some relief.

I finally asked my lawyer what percentage of cases she settles v going to trial.  She said she settles between 85-90 percent.  Dealing with worker's comp. Is difficult.  The judge was very conservative what ever that means....

I'm glad it's settled.  I hope it will cover all this pain and suffering. I didn't want the spine surgery.  I didn't feel comfortable with the surgeon.  He was impatient and although I got him to explain the procedure twice was still not understanding.  That's when I needed brother Bob with me.

The papers should come next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment