Saturday, October 5, 2013

Volunteering at the S.F. SPCA

Well after a rest, I got myself up, out and drive an hr. Up to S.F. To a JMU alumni event at the S.F. SPCA.  It was fun, there were free adoptions and games and booths for kids, a dog costume judgdging contest, a dunking booth, because unbelievably it got up to 81 in the city today, and food trucks, yea!  There was  Pig truck, where I got punch of a pulled pork sandwich with cole slaw on a bun.  They just sold out of their signature pork, Swiss, ham sandwich in a waffle cone, a whopping 700 calories. There was a lightly breaded chocked and which with ranch and apple chutney available, but when pork is a choice forget the chicken! I also got a sushi burrito from the truck next door to bring home. I'll add some more avocado and maybe dikon, jicama and red pepper.  I am not looking forward to the fish in there.  I should have got ton the CA roll, but it was lightly fried.

My job with 5 others was to  man the beer tent.  All alum. Were Much Younger.  3 worked for Apple.  2 commute to Cupertino every day.  We sold 4 kinds and made a lot of money.  We were busy.  The orange beer keg was the fave and we had to change the keg.  Wine would have sold well too as well as water. It was fun.  I have NO stamina though. I barely made it back to the car and stayed awake driving home.  I can't even put my feet on the floor.  I couldn't wait to take off my shoes and socks in the car.  I think a nap is in order.  I wish I could have taped the police man directing traffic. He was perfect and so funny. There are people who put 5000 percent into there job.  There used to br a gate guard in u of Santa Clara just like that.  For 30 years he did his job with such pride of ownership he got an award for his dilligance. How is that earned?

I crawled out of the car and collapsed on a bed for a few min. Before dragging myself to soak in the tub.  Afterwards was better.  Those jets in the tub are great.  Still I am whipped.  My feet are throbbing.  It was all I could do to stand up long enough to roll my hair.  I did get an SPCA T shirt and another one while there. I'm glass I went, but had a hard time climbing the stairs there at the end of the day.  Whenecting topic I did I felt terrible.  They had a bake sale too. It was cute and I did resist.  I thought about packing my lunch with tomatoes, jicama, cucumber and red peppers.  I even started to.  Then I jetesoned the idea.  I did start off with oatmeal though.

Poo!  My dryer stopped stopping when I open the door when it still has time to run.  At least it seems to have stopped squeaking.

After four hrs. Of reading, resting, dozing, nodding off and the like I feel a bit better. I walked to the kitchen.  The feet stil throb but less.  I was able to do some short chores.  Now I'm back lying down and just took an Osteo Bi-Flex my friend John bought me for my knees.  It has a lot of calcium.  He also got me Glucosamine Chondroitin, to help with mobility & flexibility.  It helps soothe overworked joints. It has a lot of plant extracts and cellulose.  They are expensive.
The companies that make all these supplements must make a lot of money.



No comments:

Post a Comment