Thursday, October 24, 2013

BRCA gene

Do I/we carry the breast cancer gene?  Maybe?  Could be, but I really don't want to be tested.  It's one thing to have surgery if you need to.  Quite another to cut your breasts off as a proactive measure like Angelina Jolie. Her choice, but my opinion was crazy!

If I was given any job in the world, what would I want to do?  I like travel. Could it be a tour guide,a travel writer?  I actually did some of this.  I write well.I also like to share places and adventures with people.  I like to cook, so taking classes and lessons of different cuisines might be possible like Joanne Weir.
Well, it used to be an airline stewardess in high school.  Then if I had the math skills, maybe a pilot.  It couldn't be anything medical, despite the math because I hate the sight of blood on others, maybe that can be trained away.  I certainly would take care of Lacy if she was injured.  As a medical librarian, I was interested in the research.  I was divorced enough from the cases that it was still a bit abstract.

"Hope is a thing with feathers-
That perches on the soul -
And sings the tune without the words-
And never stops- at all-
                     Emily Dickinson

How many people have a hankering for something sweet, especially at night?
Salt water taffy can not come into my house any more!

Somehow when I make oatmeal raisin cookies they are not too tempting, but add some chocolate chips and the novelty draws me.  Cranberry quick bread is irrestible, pumpkin less so.  I wonder what apple will bring?

Carbs!  Why are they so good and comforting?
A good Halloween costume would be to go as a carb, dress in white and attach bread wrappers, cookies, rise, oatmeal, potatoes and all the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment