Saturday, May 25, 2013

Taco fest

We went to the Taco fest at Kelley Park again this year. Last year was so great we wanted to see Moveable feast in action again.  There may have been 40 food trucks and many more vendors.  We got there early and scoped the place out.  The layout was better perhaps but the crowds were smaller given the holiday weekend.
We has fish tacos with tilapia and blackened catfish, Korean, Thai, Vietnamese lemongrass, lettuce wrapped, brisket, smoked pork tacos.  There was elote, lobster, seafood and every other variation you can think of.  Tacos were $3. Up a buck from last yr.  no need for fries, Mexican traditional tacos or burritos, we skipped the ice cream ones and fresh fruit cart too.  I did start and end with a salted caramel white cupcake from Fairycakes. Yum! They are my faves!  There were lots of treats from Treatbox, a candy truck that was at the night market.  The bands and music was good.

I got my workout in early.  There were other events, like sjsu grad, a Giants game and that with the holiday weekend deflected some of the crowds.  It wasn't as hot as last year either.

I am suffering greatly from chlorine rash.  When I shower I use special soap, then special lotion, after the baby oil.  My skin predictably is so dry.  When I added oil of Olay to my face it burned.  That is usually so mild.  Then I added Neutragina sunscreen for sensitive skin on top and I thought my skin would never stop stinging.  Fortunately, I got some lotion rubbed in my back.  It was so tight.

My back still hurts and I have a w.c. Hearing tues.

I can't seem to untighted the muscles.

No comments:

Post a Comment