Friday, May 17, 2013

Falafel drive inn

"I am seeking.  I am striving. I am in it with all my heart."  Vincent Van Gough

Next time we are going to the drive inn.  I love it.  It's simple, cheap, delicious and healthy.

Grilled Mango, Curried Prawns, mmmmm.... I have a hankering to make this...

I always thought I was allergic to mango based on the fact that when plaing tennis in HI, my neighbor and I gather them afterwards.  Having them against my tennis dress the skin penetrated and caused a blister.
I do however use Major Grey's mango chutney in my curried chicken salad and I think Caro may have put some in her pico de gallo, so I don't think I'm allergic to it on the inside.

This recipe, with prawns, grilled mango, coconut milk, spring onion,, sesame oil, perhaps cilantro to garnish, curry powder, maybe, red chili paste, fish sauce and   Some chopped un salted peanuts yummy.

I went to the  MLK library today to get specific books on women during WW1.  I have a problem seeing books on the bottom shelves.  I need to sit on the floor or bring them up to me.  I need to find my other pair of new glasses with the progressive lenses!

I stopped at Phat's for a Bahn min.  This time I got them to leave off the pâté, pig's ear, onion and jalapeño.  I do add one jalapeño.  I don't want it too hot.

Today was the volunteer traing at the rose garden.  I didn't think I could go due to an appointment conflict.  Then the cancelations opened the time up, but by then, I forgot!

I need to set up my new printer!  It should eliminate my trip to the library to make copies, use the computers and every thing else.  I can't believe they were so cheap!  What happened to the 50lb. HP workhorse printer?  This one is wireless and even prints from my iPad!  I'm excited about that.

I also want to roast some red peppers, toast my pine nuts and make some humus.  It's so healthy and looks so easy.

My skin is so try from swimming I can barely strand it.  I put baby oil on in the shower, then Aveno at the gym or when I get home. I use moisturizing soap like Caress or Aveno body wash in lavendar or bath  gel, still, too many showers, too much time in the pool and chlorine is taking it's toll.






No comments:

Post a Comment