Saturday, May 11, 2013

Adieu

I started volunteering today at the San Jose Rose Garden dead heading.  They are prepping for Mother's Day tomorrow.  It was nice being out in the sun working among the beautiful roses at the end there was a pair od ducks floating in the fountain, the water glistening in the sun.

I once took a pruning class by the city of San Jose on pruning.  It was at the Heritage Rose Garden a different place blocks apart.  I never knew there was another.  my arms are sore.  These are different muscles from swimming. I can feel them toning up?
Afterwards, several food trucks showed up, House of Siam, Thai and Oaxaca for great Mexican.  I got lunch to go and then take out for later and tomorrow.  I love chicken satay with peanut sauce, rice and salad.  Then for later and usually in cooler weather I got yellow chicken curry.  From the heart of Oaxacan cooking I started with a pork, carnitas taco, then mole chicken to go.  There are so many mole variations, black, green.... I like the black made with chocolate and Chili's.  I never can taste the chocolate, but the flavors are so intricate.

I had an appointment with Nicols Research to do a research study on hybrid cars.  After hours in the sun, my eyes were taxed after looking at the tiny laptop.  Questions about concept cars, electric ones, possible new options, it was interesting but the new technology was confusing and detailed.  That's why they pay the big bucks.

Jack did one on Cancer.  They asked me to do one evaluating math text books too.

No comments:

Post a Comment