Saturday, May 4, 2013

Saturday of early aqua Zumba and laps

The water will feel good.  It is supported to cool off tomorrow.  Especially when I'm up late, then again -2 and 4 it's hard to get to the pool by 6:30.  After laps and class I feel great.  I figured it takes me 30 min. to shower, dress and depart.

There was a big grass fire near here as we were heading out to dinner.  Fortunately, no houses were threatened, but it is early.  Helicopters were hovering trying to firm and report it for the news.  I stopped at the store on the way home, but didn't see where it burned.  I'm have to look tomorrow.

It got really hot again today.  I watered when I got home then closed everything up.  I transplanted a root bound onion plant, my first.
 Still, by 6, I had the fan going. It's time to switch out flannel sheetss, down comforters and put the sleeping bags and the spare blankets away.

My crazy neighbor David has turkeys and chickens.  It would be nice to have eggs.  Since a dozen might last a month, I'd soon be overwhelmed by chickens or eggs, not to mention needing a "house" wire, an enclosure and have to clean it.  The inside of the house is tough enough with help and 2 gardener's.

The leftover fajitas tonight were delicious with avocado and the first cherry tomatoes of the season.  Once the sun went down it really turned blustery and cold. Last week there was a beautiful full moon.

I'm reading Calculated in Death by J.D. Robb a police, futuristic series. I am reading the WW1 book to get up to speed, but it's a lot for a teen.

 For her,  I ordered a sci fi. triology, Levethian, by Scott Westfield set in W.W.1 to see if I can get my new foster teen into being interested in something.  She is 16 and needs to turn herself around.  She is in a group home.  She only has 2 yrs. until she is out of the system.

No comments:

Post a Comment