Tuesday, May 14, 2013

"Courage is what it takes

To stand up and speak out.  Courage is also what it takes to sit and listen". Winston Churchill

What a busy day.  I barely squeeked in my swim.  I keep losing track of my laps, I need a counter.  My mind goes to other things.

I started early, left the water on!  I got my health insurance straightened out, stopped at the library, printed some papers, came home to change, turn off the water, check the mail and head to the gym.

I did my laps, showered, jumped in the car, diving into my snack, ie lunch, as I raced home for my iPad.  I changed again and was out the door racing for my apt. downtown. Whew, when I got home I needed a nap!

After being up at 3 am to put blankets and a sleeping bag in the garage for summer, I. Covered some suits and blouses that's shoulders needed a dust cover.  I have one corner of my huge 19x21 bedroom that has become a catch all for 2 bags of hangers, videos, a laundry basket and a box of books.  They have to go and the ironing board put away again.

The cherries are consumed, appricots on their way, asparagus a memory and my body is in shock as the bounty hits. Yum.  There is nothing so refreshing and delicious as a cold piece of fruit on a hot day or a drink of cold iced tea!

I did some retreading of WWII.  Hitler was such a fiend and MONSTER!  Stalin tried to have it both ways.  It really was a World War.

No comments:

Post a Comment