Thursday, May 16, 2013

Canyonland and Arches

I really want to go to these parks.  April might be the time.  It's too hot already now.  The trip is one day to Las Vegas and the next to the 4 corners area.  If I get that close to Las Vegas I want to return to Zion and Brice again, this time camping, back backing, hiking and seeing the lodges.  The road was closed last time.  I'd like to visit all the National Parks.  I've only gone to Yellowstone, Grand Teaton and Glacier, Rocky Mountain for one night each while traveling alone.  The same is true with Grand Canyon, Bryce and Zion. I've stayed longer and more often in Yosemite and Tahoe's Desolation  Wilderness.  I adore Big Sur and go often.  I want to spend some time at Tassajara for a retreat too.  I backpacked in to Secret Lake on the other side on Sonora, Andrew Molera, another over night Big Sur site unnamed, but remembered.
The sites in Alaska like the Bank of the Mendenhall Glacier were spectacular.  Sitka's campground's next to the bears gourging themselves with salmon returning upstream to spawn was unforgettable; as are all the BC provincial parks and the sites on the ice fields parkway and across the Canadian Hy. into Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia, and Maine.  I adore Cape Cod, Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard too.  The entire AYH system has been terrific, here, in Canada and Europe.

"We don't always succeed in what we try - certainly by the world's standards- but I think you'll find it's the willingness to keep trying that matters the most."  Fred Rodgers

Jack and I met up to get my new printer at Fry's, then went to dinner at Fresh Tomatoes.  The choices are so deceptive.  Yes they are salad ingredients, but I can stop at the first 4, Chinese chicken, Caesar asiago, Spinach salad, and one more. That fills me up.  I'm done.  The next plate of  the salad stuff starts.  I love all the tomatoes, green, red, yellow and orange peppers, cauliflower, broccoli, red cabbage, radish, beets, shredded, julianned and crinkle cut and pickled, love, but skip the croutons, can pass on the garbanzo and kidney beans, green peas, corn and the put the blue cheese dressing on the side and also get reduced fat mustard, honey dressing and ranch just to dip on, add fresh black
pepper, stay away from the asiago bread, which is over 200 calories. Then there are different butters, sour cream for the potato, yikes!

 I don't care for and can skip the baked potatoes, pasta, potato salad, macaroni salad, soups, chili, jumbliah, Mac. and cheese, and muffins.  I may have a tiny bit of frozen yogurt and fresh pineapple.  The place can be a calorie nightmare disguised as healthy.  The 2nd plate of spinach and veggies and even the blue cheese topping came home with me for lunch tomorrow.

There is so much waste.  They must do more than break even though.  No wonder the facility is huge and cavernous.


No comments:

Post a Comment