Thursday, May 2, 2013

A pesimist only sees the dark side of the clouds and mopes,

A philosopher sees both sides and shrugs, An optimist doesn't see the cloud's at all -- he's walking on them."  Leonardo

I increased my laps by 5.  I need to add another class and some machine time for arms and Zumba.

 Last night I made another pan of chicken enchiladas this time for vino de Mayo with green Chili's and tomatillo green sauce.  The 2 kinds of mushrooms may have been a bit odd, but, the Colby to the Jack was a nice addition.  I hate to debone chicken!  Caro said I need to learn to make Mexican enchiladas.  I thought I was!

I still am working on a WW1 topic.I started the book: The Guns of August by Tuchman.  I looked at some potential topics today that interest me, women's roles, their entry into the work force.

I donated a box of books to the shelter yesterday.  It was so hard!  I hate getting rid of books!  I must cull though.  I' cleaning my office, medicine cabinets and hall cub boards too.  I have some more work to do in the garage.  The vanity should be dumped.  The dresser can be put out in it's place.

I dusted and continued to dump old canned stuff out of date.

I swam 30 laps today; 5 more than yesterday and that was 5 more than the day before.  I want to start walking outside again, but the treadmill will do when it's over 90 out.  I want to add some arm exercises and some leg strengthening one's too.  My arm's are a tiny bit sore.






I got an invite to Ventana today in Big Sur for 3 days.  I love it there.  A room with a view of the ocean, hot tub, lovely tub and fireplace is wonderful with the spa services.  My skin is so dry
swimming every day.  ventanainn.com
One day I'll try Post Ranch too. postranchinn.com
The yurts are on my list too.
I like Lucia Lodge hanging on the edge of the cliff.  lucialodge.comGreat food, deep in Big Sur, 2.5 hrs. From home and close to Deetjet's, deejets.com even if Bob didn't like it.
I discovered a place in Newport Beach to go around the beginning of Nov.
These cool cottages on the beach look charming maybe in late Oct.

I finally got myself to Sprouts today.  I can't say it's as nice as Whole Foods or New
Leaf, but I got some bulk items like stately cut oats and rolled oats.

The fact that this iPad self corrects makes me crazy sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment