Sunday, May 5, 2013

Feliz Cinco de Mayo!

I got ot 2 fans, plugged one in and used it, then, around 8 p.m. A dramatic cool down happened.  This morning it was still cool. People were heading into the gym with jackets on.  I actually put mine on at the farmers market around 10.  The water in th pool was like a bath though, 85 or so. Although I woke up at 6:30 when the gym opens on the weekend, I didn't get there till 8 and raced to get my 30 laps in.  I left my razor and got a new one.  I can't believe the Venus and lookalike s are near $20.  There are disposables too. That's nuts.  A man's is near the same price.  They are marketing to teens.

The first of the cherries are in the farmers market.  There were no more cherry tomatoes this week though.  I got the first raspberries though.  They were both dear at $4. But, you get what you crave.
Raspberries, cherries, last week nectarines and soon to come apricots are my faves.  I did get some tiny, thin asparagus too.

Believe it or not I also got some more kale!  Unless it's in something, I'm generally not a fan.  In a quiche, I can take it. I can add red peppers, roasted along with sautéed mushrooms and onion. it's youted as a super veggie of late in the press.   I like to max out the veggies in a quiche. The supermarkets have started carrying kale salad kits with dressing and stuff.  The kale is shredded.  I ended up making one again too.

There is a Cinco de Mayo BBQ at  John cousin Bill's.  that's why they have RDVR's.  Life happens while Mad Men toil.  I do not like the Peter character in Mad Men.  I took over dinner, some quiche and John is going to try and flip the screen for me.  Sweet man, he's a good friend and has helped me ou t more than once.
There is a parade going on in San Jose.  The last place I  want to be is in that crowd.  Besides they televise it.

No comments:

Post a Comment