Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Technical issues

I thought my iPad had battery issues!  Like last time it started loosing a charge.this time, listing to counsel, I got on to the apple store and made an apt. for the Genius Bar.  I went out, borrowed an iPad cord to charge while at work and it worked fine.  I came home and noticed my new power cord had come loose from the power strip! OMG, crisis solved! Panic for nothing.

Meanwhile, while I was working, the washer repair woman came.  In the meantime, my friend John who blessedly waited for the repair person to come between 4-7, noticed the electrical panel in the garage open and the breaker tripped!  I noticed that when we were vacuuming the carpet in the garage, but didn't put it together.

Technical issues and the logic to determine what went on and why sometimes escape me.  She told me my washer was still good.  Thank goodness!  I was looking at a front loader Bosh for over $1,200.!  They take special detergent too!

Last week, my gardener questioned what his hedge clippers stopped working.  I didn't know and it never occurred to me to check the outlet or breaker.  On Friday, I tried to use the outlet for the vacuum.  When it didn't work, I just moved to another outlet and used an extension cord.  It still didn't occur to me the outlet was bad.  Finally, today, John noticed and flipped it.  That could be why the washer stopped working.  Besides which, I needed new hoses after 35 years!  Usually they last 5 years!  They both had bulges in them!  Who knew?  Not me!  I knew that you were supposed to turn the water off between uses.

I haven't been doing that!

I joined the gym again this morning.  It will be nice to get back into swimming.  I like the water aerobics, Zumba classes and even the treadmill.  The bike is o.k. If you must.  This time I may try yoga.
I made a pot of split pea soup.  The temps. fell and I've been cold! In fact, there is a freeze warning.  WAIT!  My seedlings are sprouting!  I just covered them with 30lbs of potting soil!  Morning frost!?
Get the plant covers!

That stupid rat even chewed into a 50 lb. bag of potting soil!  What a nut!

It's a good thing my tomato seedlings are inside!  I have two seedlings out there now in 4 in. pots!

By Thursday,  it's supposed to be back in the 80's.  I'd rather it stay in the low 70's.  nobody asked me though.  A light sprinkle would be nice too.  I saw my first sunflower sprouted and in bloom today.  It made my smile and happy.  That's why we plant flowers.

I confess!  Today I ate the ears off my Easter bunny! Yum! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment