Monday, April 15, 2013

Tax day!

I'm glad taxes are long done!  They make me cranky!  Although we try and be right on with deductions, I am always happy to get the refunds!

The gardener put a new grate in the ventilation window under the house, so it's time to plant the tomatoes and wildflower, zinnia, sunflower beds with some Shasta daisies too.
I pulled 2 carts of weeds.  It's the season.

It's time for Marilyn's birthday.  Having her in Berkeley is good for me but she is pushing her frail health taking care of her grandson.  I'll have to go up and visit.
  After a BA., M.B.A, and M.S from the University there she knows the gourmet ghetto well.  She picks out some amazing restaurants.  Last time we closed down an Indian restaurant.  It was great.

Today, with not enough time, I decided to make a broccoli, mushroom soufflé.  I didn't exactly do it in the way I normally would and it's baking in my first Bain Marie, it should come out good!  I like making those on rainy days.  It would be better if I didn't have to rush out, but I'll manage,

It will be good to come home to.  I love the puff.  It was either spinach, cauliflower half each or what I ended up with.  We will see.
Well, it tastes just like a quiche.  That too was a lot less bother.  Granted by the time I got home the puff had deflated.









No comments:

Post a Comment