Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Earth day

It started out quiet.  I made breakfast for Bobby, who was out removing my lemon tree at 7.
I went into work. I barely got in a hurried swim and was back at work until 6:30.

It's tough to fit it all in when you work full time. I had dinner, supervised Bobby's clean up up the squashed lemons in the street! I was so angry and tired when I came home!  He had sprayed down my driveway and a lot of things were wet including the boxes.  I yelled and as tired as I was went about sorting out the mess he left behind.  I finally gave a primal scream in the car, had him move my mower so I could park and went to eat.  I was so hungry.  I felt better after that.

 I have 3 buckets of lemons!  My poor orange tree got decimated too.
The lemon tree tried to take over the navel orange tree.  Unfortunately some of the branches had to go.  Now, the lines of each tree are better.  The orange actually has sunlight!  They all look traumatized!  It will take dime time for them to releaf.

So much for earth day!  I cut trees and did plant seeds for flowers.
I wrote an essay on conservation of water too.
Today I have a friend coming for dinner and someone to interview at 8, another full day.

" I resolve to speak ill of no man whatever, not even in a matter of truth.  But rather, by some means, excuse the fault I hear charged upon others, and upon proper occasion speak all the good I know of everybody." Benjamin Franklin

Miranda's and I made a poster for her dolphin report.  It was my first poster board complete with adhesive letters, traced dolphins in grey and pink and black and a list of facts. There were fish and water drops to stick to it for decoration.  It was fun.  Her oral report should be interesting for a 2nd grader!




No comments:

Post a Comment