Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Farmer's Market's I love them!

Here I CA we have some of the best I like to think!  I want to get up to the one in S.F. Again, the ferry plaza building one is written up in Sunset, and quiet famous.  One Sat., David I and I drove into the city to go to fast track, ended up having lunch in Chinatown, and briefly stopped at the market.  I was intrigued and wanted to spend more time!
Here in the Santa Clara Valley, as perhaps everywhere, we are supplied by vendors from hrs. Away who pick the night before, load up in the cold of the morning rain or shine, year round and are there to set up by 9 a.m.  Each market is unique.  I like the Indian food, eggplant and tikka Marsala there.  At ours in Evergreen, there is a vendor for fish and dolmas/ humus, falafels and gyros.  Don't forget the beautiful flowers twice a week.  I love the sweet peas and sunflowers. These beautiful orchids are there every week!

On the weekend, a baker adds to the mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment