Sunday, April 14, 2013

Lazy Sat., BBQ and relaxation

What ever happened to our afternoon and evening of quiet, stress free relaxation, dinner and time to relax, enjoy one another's company, catch up and soak all the week's tension away?
First of all, we worked till 3, so there went 3 hrs.  Meeting with prospects, potential clients snuck in. Oh yes, reality, the real world, cell phones....neighbors....

Then, my wonderful mood was infringed on my my crazy neighbor David. O.K., I can jettison his nasty comments and passive aggressive self and move on.
Somehow though retorts to his ire continue to fester.  
Finally, the beauty of the afternoon reasserts itself and the day is back on track.
After an hour of gathering a birthday present, oatmeal raisin cookies, pie, enchilazagna and everything else I think I've got everything.

On my side anyway, I was ready to be waited on, do no work and relax.  That's not quite what transpired.  I ended up doing laundry, changing sheets, setting the table, dissecting the smoked delicious chicken, folding laundry eating in a quick 15 min. Too exhausted and hungry at 9 p.m. to care. We were both just wiped out.
So much for sitting out in the back yard, lighting a fire in the pit and firing up the hot tub for a soak.  With the wine, I might have drowned! Besides, it was too cold out by then!

We did get in a lot of great conversation. I did see snippets of mindless Hillbilly liquor making in So. E. VA, and made my way through great recipes in a Chinese cookbook. I want to make 2/3 of them! I cleaned up, crawled into wonderful clean sheets and read Sunset, until I fell asleep for a cat nap.

After reaching out to touch a bit later, I remembered my lovely Lacy was still outside!  I went to rescue her cute, cold self about 2:30 a.m.

Sunday morning was more relaxing, snuggling, having Rosalita's breakfast burritos...yummy.  I wandered out on the deck to water my seedlings, happy as those burritos and gardening always make me.  I got dressed to go to the Farmer's Market and for a walk.  Everything is right in my world.

Then, standing in the garage a new dog comes curiously up followed by my lumbering, screaming neighbor David, trying in vein to capture his new dog, walking through my lawn, not capturing the fleeing dog and He just has to say ugly things again.  He can't seem to stifle himself or stop spewing venom. Ewwwww. This time I called the police. After four hrs. Had passed I just wanted to report his actions and protect myself.
I rearmed more about restraining orders and notice of harassment than I ever thought to.

Back in the world of sunshine and joy we went to the market, walked and then took a joy ride up in the hills above the McMansions and discovered a Seik temple only 4 miles from here in the foothills.  There are the most amazing properties, ranches, wildflowers and parks.  We stopped to take pictures of beautiful purple lupine with a butterfly landing for nectar. That was a lovely discovery.  I can't believe after living here for 32 years we just found this treasure today!

No comments:

Post a Comment