Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Spanikopetia

I made spanikopetia while the filo dough was out for Sunday lunch.  Boy was it delicious. I was exhausted after the assembly and was hoping for some help cleaning up up I didn't ask and it wasn't offered.  I used fresh spinach, next time I'll use frozen, especially during the winter. I never used the stems before, but this time even with 3 bunches steamed did, I couldn't tell the difference once it was steamed, squeezed mixed with feta, eggs, dill, onion and incorporated. Spread that mix over layers of filo, then top it with some more, delicious!
We have to do a joint moussaka project, cleanup included.  Perfect for a cold winter's night.
It actually was a beautiful, crisp day, perfect for a walk.

We had a lovely Sunday afternoon and evening. I totally forgot the Golden Globes were on.   I did however make Downton Abbey.  I've also been watching "Dirty Little Liars".

Ironically, this evening I found a sheet had fallen on the floor.  Once dried it broke in shards, not exactly like glass, but brittle.  There is no picking it up.  The dust pan is the only way.





No comments:

Post a Comment