Wednesday, January 30, 2013

January walks

After breakfast today with the ladies, I met John for a walk.  I love these sunny days in the 69's when we get out and walk for an hour.  We love to walk the Coyote Creek trail near my house or the Los gatos Creek Trail near John's near downtown San Jose.

I have been exploring other areas.  I went to Alum Rock park with Joe and Penny in 83, oh my, 30 years ago in July.  It was HOT!  This is the time to go.  I love it in March and April when it's still lush green but the temps are still low, the rain has stopped.

Micaela, my former neighbor, who is in the process of divorcing  my pre existing and current neighbor, creepy D, and I used to take walks with her daughter Rosemary around the neighborhood.  Good conversation, good friend.  Now that they and Vinnie have moved, the wanted to explore Grant Park. There was a wildflower hike there yesterday. Lots of great new spots to explore.

It was nice to see everyone this morning.  There is a lot to catch up on when you only see one another 4x a year.  We all used to work together. I've been lazy and blew off Dec. so this is a catch up with my choice of place.  Most of the others use a standard place, I like to explore.  I scope the place out on yelp, read the reviews, check the menu and am ready to go, order and have my selection and the calories scoped out on My Fitness Pal program, and visit.  This month we combined Lisa's with mine. 3 of us are still working.  3 are librarians including me.  None are married.  Two used to be.  Only one has children.  Two are in relationships with Lisa recently reclaiming her house after  years upon her retirement. One is over 60, I may be the youngest, but not by that much.  They are a very nice group of women.  Peggy climbed half dome for her birthday last year at Yosemite!  Her daughter just got married.  She took in a foster kid too.  Her's aged out of the system and she helps him get organized, manage his money and stay on the right path.

No comments:

Post a Comment