Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Farmers market and shopping

I hit the farmers market again today, got some sole, baby bock choi, carrots, cauliflower, lemon pita chips to go with dolmas, artichoke and red pepper humus.  I got a kohlrabi to try.  I hope it's like a jicama.  I stopped at the supermarket for FILO, barly, bannanas and a ham hock for the lentil soup I will make.
The FILO will be for a potpie with barley, mushrooms, chicken and whatever else carrots, the Martha Stewart recipe calls for. I wanted whole wheat Filo, but that I need to get at Whoe Foods or New Leaf.

Cooking for me is therapeutic and a very good sign that I'm happy.

I looked at Valentine's today.  Many times are special but there is something about sharing the day with your love, especially when you have been alone for awhile that makes you appreciate it more.
Last year Jack spent all day making me chocolate covered strawberries.

I finished reading J.d. Robb's book Decision in Death and now I'm on to J.K Rowling's new book  Casual Vacancy.
I really liked the first one she usually writes under Nora Roberts.

Back to school this morning and tutoring tomorrow for 2 hrs.

 Then I'll hit Whole Foods again for some of Tandoor Chef's cumin infused basmati rice and chicken tikka masala.

No comments:

Post a Comment