Saturday, January 12, 2013

Martha Stewart

She makes some delicious but complicated recipes. I swear they are to exhaust the home cook and use ever pan in the house.  Without the clean up crew, I protest!
Tonight I made a chicken pot pie with barley, mushrooms, carrots, peas I white wine with a chicken stock roux in filo dough.  The crust as you would expect anything in filo to be was great as was the filling.  This was the first time I've had barley, I think.  I certainly am getting my grains in.

This morning I made eggs florenteen.  It was great from the Enchanted broccoli cookbook.  I haven't made it in a long time.  Now, I want someone to come and clean up my kitchen.

It was a beautiful day out today. Needed that long walk between meals.  Being out revives the spirit and clears my mind alone.  I usually have a walking partner which is nice too, but the 49ers won the choice for him. Pizza and BBQ combined with football isn't the top of my list for fun.

I caught up on some netfix series, and snuggled with Lacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment