Monday, January 28, 2013

Breakfast club

There are four of us that meet to celebrate our birthday's every year.  Since I put mine off in Dec. we are meeting in the morning to celebrate mine at the Los Gatos cafe.  We get to select the restaurant of our choice and indulge in breakfast and time to catch up. There are stories of families, pictures, health issues, questions on finance, retirement, friends, gossip, and just a wonderful chance to share and catch up.  The others see and speak to one another more often.

The chuck roast I made is sensational.  I roasted baby carrots and red potatoes in the broth.  They are delicious.  I made some beets too. I like to eat them plain or use them as a garnish to butternut squash soup.  The color difference is startling and scrumptious. Ironically, the next one I made was horrible. I topped it with tomatoes too wanting to make an extra rich broth to nurture that plagues me, but it was so bad I fed it to the outside 'patio' cats and other visitors that come in the night. They get things about to turn.  No wonder they want to live under my house!  I didn't feed them anything for ages, just put out water.  Only if I have foot I won't eat, do I put it out before it goes in the garbage.
I swear I have the best garbage there is!

No comments:

Post a Comment