Sunday, September 29, 2013

ESL

I'd only need a few additional credits to certify as an ESL teacher.  They seem to always be in demand.
"The majority of men lead lives of quiet desperation.  What is called resignation is confirmed desperation." Henry David Thoreau

I got a new, to me, love seat for the family room yesterday.  Michaela and Rosemary helped be by putting it in and out of her truck.  I managed to move it from the driveway to the front atrium gate.  I'll try to get it inside today.  I need to move some existing furniture to make room.  After 33 years in this house it's way past time to move the camp chair out.  I still have the sedan club chair from uncle Leonard's somewhere in D.C.  That is a comforable chair that has worn all the moves well from VA to FL, CT, CA, HI and back to CA. It's traveled at least 6000 miles.

My arm's are aching from the law mower and Vinnie pulling on his leash.

Micaela, Vinnie and I had a lovely walk yesterday then took him still full of joy and energy to the dog park.  That was relaxing and a cool place to cool down.

I got up very early and came home and took a nap.

I stopped at the store and got a few things and returned a bag of brown rice that was in my pantry unopened.  When I cut it open things flew out.  Fortunately, I had a 2nd bag.  I need to get some plastic containers for sugar, flours, rice... I usually keep grains in labeled glass jars.
I have bread flour, wheat, rice, white and coconut. Quinoa, orzo, other pastas, dry milk, wheat berries,  
and rye flour.
One of the blogs I follow suggests soda bottles and filling liters with rice, sugar, and the like for storage and to buy in bulk.  I can see that with oatmeal. I like both kinds. Steel cut takes longer and is more grainy.  Caro suggests soaking it over night.

I like that Lucky and Savemart have 2 items weekly that are free with purchase of $25.  This week it's artichokes and aspirin.





No comments:

Post a Comment