Friday, November 1, 2013

TGIF Dia de Los muertos, All souls day

I feel like I gave at school.  One week done! There was an abbreviated schedule today and an assembly. That helped. The kids seem to be trained in some things, walking in line to my surprise was one of them.  In the assembly too, they had good behavior.  In class I write 3 pages on one girls bad behavior, after two conferences this week, finally wrote a referral and now she goes to Sat. School.
I think in general, they may be getting better, it's questionable.  They still have their moments.

The sugar high was evident.  I confiscated a lot of candy.  The assembly was about a boat, cleaning up the campus.  The kids and each class gets points. The more points the winner gets prizes.

I greet each child individually as they enter mr room and have a comment for each of them.  That helps me connect with them.  For one small moment I can connect when they are not a part of a pact.
I need that.  They do too.  Once they get into the room the bullies and peer pressure try to bloom.

I finished grading their science  tests.  I am using an excel spreadsheet to record grades on. I need an overhead projector.  There is a white electronic board that hooks to my computer, but power point presentations are not what I want.  I fill the board with data 3 times a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment